New leadership team in place as SSE Thermal looks to low-carbon future13 May 2022
Catherine Raw has officially joined SSE Thermal as its new Managing Director, tasked with spearheading the company’s low-carbon ambitions while leading on its existing power generation and energy storage activities.
She brings significant operational and commercial experience and joins SSE as the company ramps up its Net Zero Acceleration Programme, which will see £12.5bn invested in low-carbon infrastructure by 2026.
With a focus on decarbonising its assets, SSE Thermal is developing several projects utilising carbon capture and hydrogen technologies, working in collaboration with Equinor.
"SSE Thermal’s portfolio of assets is already playing a crucial role in supporting energy security as we increase the volume of renewable generation on the system. Flexible generation will be pivotal if we’re to succeed in meeting our net zero targets, and I’m honoured to be joining a company which is at the forefront of those decarbonisation efforts."Catherine Raw, Managing Director of SSE Thermal
SSE Thermal’s leadership team has been further strengthened by the recent appointments of Hannah Bronwin as Director of Business Development and Mandy Mackay as Director of Markets.
Led by Catherine Raw as Managing Director, SSE Thermal’s new Executive Committee comprises:
- Martin Beattie, Director of Finance
- Hannah Bronwin, Director of Business Development
- Charlie Cryans, Director of Construction
- Ann Gray, Director of Commercial
- Mark Hayward, Director of Operations
- John Johnson, Director of Development
- Mandy Mackay, Director of Markets
- Marc Rudd, Director of Engineering and Asset Management
- Marian Troy, Head of Corporate Affairs
- Zahida Zakir, HR Business Partner